
I'm listening to songs I finally put on my iPod and it's currently playing "If" by Janet Jackson. I remember asking my dad to buy her "Janet" CD when he went on one of his many travels. I must've been 13 or 14 years old.
I was superexcited when I got her CD and I memorized most of her songs. Here are some of the lyrics I learnt by heart:
How many nights I've laid in bed excited over youI remember distinctly then, wondering what the hell Janet was talking about (yes, I was once innocent and naive! LOL) but shrugging it off cos I loved the beats and sounds of the song!
I've closed my eyes and thought of us,
A hundred different ways
I've gotten there so many times
I wonder how 'bout you
Day and night, night and day
All I've got to say is..............
.............
Close your eyes and imagine my body undressed
Take your time, we've got all night
You on the rise as you're touchin' my thighs
And let me know what you like
If you like, I'll go down
Da down down down da down down
I'll hold you in my hand and baby
Your smooth and shiny feels so good against my lips, sugar
I want you so bad I can taste your love...
and now... it's like OMG! that's some raunchy song right there!!!! I can't believe I didn't get it!!!!!
In another instant, also when I was 13 or 14 years old, I was walking around the house singing a Chaka Demus & Pliers song, She don't let nobody... adapted to my preference of course:
He don't let nobody, no noMy 22 year old cousin who was at the house then, looked at me and said:
He don't let nobody
Nobody but me
Nobody but me ya
I don't worry 'cause
We're so tight
See each other most every night
He let me have the master key
That's why I kissed him explicitly
He don't let nobody
He don't let nobody
Nobody but me
"Don't sing that again."
"Why?!"
"Because I said so!"
"But why?!"
"Because the lyrics are stupid... I'm telling you one last time, don't sing it again!"
And I remember thinking about the lyrics and going, there's NOTHING wrong with the lyrics, what's he on about? Old and boring fool! (HA!)
It was only when I heard my six year old niece, - sing with all her heart the following - that I really thought about what my dear cousin meant
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?
Don't cha
Don't cha
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was raw like me?
It was quite unnerving I tell you! Needless to say, I ended up making her sing all the church songs she knew!! haha...
So umm.. what was the point of this entry? Oh I dunno... should there be one? I guess I just miss the naive, carefree days of childhood...
So yeah... happy carefree day!
No comments :
Post a Comment