Sunday, February 01, 2009

Right! I better...

... get this post done and outta here before it becomes a permanent draft on my blog!! I want to be more productive and use this as a "scrapbook" of friends' visits, my own trips etc etc... And not just random rants and raves on random .... stuff!

ANYHOO, so yesterday morning, my dearest & precious (she'd roll her eyes that i used this to describe her! but :P too bad!) Patch and her awesome man Ben left me all sad and alone Geneva to continue their 3-month tour of Europe. They flew to Russia and will make their way through Estonia, Lithuania, Ukraine (I think) and finally Poland... and yes, I do envy them loads!


It was just so nice to have them over! For starters, it was really great to come home after work to my own personal chef AND dishwasher. LOL. Patch made some killer dishes and Ben's the best cleanup-er in the whole wide world. True story! :P

It gave me time to catch up with Patch and get to know Ben and let me tell you this, Ben gets two thumbs up AND MORE (just thought I'd publicly endorse you mate! hahaha) and what can I say about Patch and I? It felt like we only saw each other yesterday and not four years ago. Then again, it's my Patch! :)

Their visit gave me the chance to explore a bit more of Switzerland and its surroundings. And ok ok, I shamefully admit that I don't know much about Switzerland despite having lived here for yonks! Fear not though, for I plan on making 2009 the year of the yodeling, cheese-eating, chocolate-loving Samoan!

But back to Patch & Ben's visit *ahem*.. so we did a couple of day visits in Lausanne and Gruyères and spent a wonderful weekend in glorious Chamonix!!!! I'll have separate "reviews" of these trips later. Here's a couple of snapshots for ya:



We chilled. Talked a lot. Walked around. Laughed a lot. Had swiss cheese and swiss chocolate. Ate a lot. LOL. And just had a really good time, you know? *sighs* How wonderful to have great friends!

Oh and it was amusing to see how shocked and horrified they were at the cost of living here. Please be warned that yes, Switzerland is *bleep* expensive!!! They got used to it though, but only on their final night here! LOL. It was also interesting to hear them compare differences in customs and things in Geneva and in the US, and it made me realize that I hadn't paid much attention to these, but maybe it's because I'm a chameleon and just adapt without thinking. LOL. However, next time I visit a place, I will do just that... compare visited place, Geneva AND Samoa. HAH!


So anyway... Patch and Ben, if you're reading this - thank you so much for coming over!! THANK YOU!!! And thanks, for everything... Enjoy the rest of your trip and remember, 5 years!!! ;)







2 comments :

Anonymous said...

the baby blue brings out you colour...well what's left of it :D LOL Other than that, Patch & Ben are gorgeous the pictures are lovely and nice to hear that you're making the most of Switzerland :D

*I was going to add more but I fear the repercussions ;) wuv you xx

Patch said...

haha, those are some good pix! (and really good memories...how does something seem like it just happened and yet so far away?) that might be the only one of us with our oversized backpacks on =D and oh, we hit Latvia, not the Ukraine...perhaps next time. =)